This Allergyfriendly Chicken “Egg” Rolls Recipe is egg & gluten free and seriously so delicious and amazingly easy to make!
These Chicken “egg” rolls are inspired by the traditional chicken egg rolls but with a twist, The rolls are:
- Allergy Friendly
The base starts with ground chicken and then lots of herbs and spices. You don’t want the filling to be overly wet when filling your wrappers, so your filling should be more on the dry side.
Free From Allergens
This is how I made this recipe free from our allergens:
- Gluten Free Wrapper: I have used rice paper roll.
- Dairy Free: Use dairy free cheese of your choice in the filling.
- Egg Free Filling: For this recipe you can replace the egg with vegan egg replacer but use an egg replacer that actually cooks like an egg – you can fry/boil to make an egg like you would a regular egg. I have used pre cooked Just Egg, if you have any other kind you like you can use that.
No Egg Replacer
If you do not have an egg replacer that cooks like a traditional egg, you can leave out the egg and just follow the rest of the recipe.
Deep Fry or Air Fry Allergyfriendly Chicken “Egg” Rolls
I air fried my rolls for 20 minutes at 350 F. You can fry them or bake them as you wish. Just make sure that when you air fry you air fry them in batches in a single layer. When frying keep an inch of space between each. This is so that they do not stick together and tear.
Storing Allergyfriendly Chicken “Egg” Rolls
You can make and freeze them ahead of time. They are good for about a month or more once frozen. When ready to eat you can just cook them straight from frozen.
Serve them with your favourite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Allergyfriendly Chicken “Egg” RollsCourse: Appetizers, SnacksCuisine: Indian, ChineseDifficulty: Medium
This AllergyFriendly Chicken “Egg” Rolls Recipe is seriously so delicious and amazingly easy to make! It is Dairy, Egg and Gluten Free.
8 vegan eggs
1 lb ground Chicken
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
2 green chillies
2 tablespoons cilantro
1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
1 cup dairy free cheese shreds
rice paper as required
water as required for dipping the rice paper
- Make the vegan egg as instructed on the pack and set aside
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil add the ground chicken then cook until it changes colour.
- Add ginger and garlic paste, lemon juice, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well, cover and cook on low flame until chicken is done (8-10 minutes) then cook on high flame until dries up.
- Then take off the heat and let it cool down.
- In a food processor add green chillies, cilantro, chicken, and eggs – chop them and take them out in a bowl.
- Now add the garam masala powder, cumin seeds, black pepper powder, dairy free cheese and mix well.
- Take rice paper, and dip it in a water bowl for not more than a second or two. Place it on a plate and add a tablespoon of the filling and wrap. Repeat until all the filling is used up.
- Now add as many of the rolls to an air fryer and cook for 20 minutes at 350 F.
- Leave out the egg if you cannot find it.
- Do not dip the rice paper for more than 5 seconds in water, if you find it stiff still let it rest on a plate for a minute or two.
- You can fry the rolls instead of air fry.
20 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2g 10%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 9g 18%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.