This is a very delicious and easy to make Lasagna – Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free. Serve it with a side of salad and gluten free garlic bread for a complete meal.
Which sauce to use in the Lasagna – Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free?
I use both white sauce and pasta sauce. I make dairy free white sauce at home or I even just use dairy free cheese in between layers when I feel lazy.
Type of meat for Lasagna – Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free
I used beef mince meat but you can use the meat of your choice or even use plant based mince. You can also use your favourite vegetables as the filling.
Making the lasagna dairy free
As mentioned above I use dairy free homemade white sauce. I use dairy free milk and dairy free cheese to make the sauce. Then for the top layer of the lasagna I used dairy free Cheddar style shreds. You can use any flavor you like.
Boil or not to boil the gluten free lasagna sheets
- Depending on my mood, I boil the lasagna sheets, just until they turn soft, so that when cooking in the oven they don’t stick out and burn.
- Another way of making the sheets soft is to soak the lasagna sheets in warm water for 15 minutes.
- If I don’t feel like going through the extra step of cooking the pasta, I make sure that I make extra sauce. Then I cover the top layer with enough sauce and cheese so that the sheets stay in place with the weight of both the sauce and cheese.
Baking the Lasagna
I bake the lasagna at 350 for 45 minutes. For the first 30 minutes, I bake the lasagna, covered with foil. Then for the last 15 minutes I bake it uncovered so that the cheese can turn golden.
Lasagna Recipe – Dairy, Egg & Gluten FreeCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
A very simple and easy allergy friendly lasagna recipe – dairy free, egg free and gluten free. Make it vegan with the choice of filling you use.
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic , minced
1 tsp crushed red chili peppers (optional)
1 teaspoon, each, salt & pepper
1 lb ground beef/lamb
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon parsley
1 1/2 cup pasta sauce
1 onion , diced
1 cup dairy free cheddar style shreds
1 pack gluten free lasagna sheets
1 cup or as needed white sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 o F. Boil the lasagna sheets just until soft then drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil on medium heat. Add garlic and onions and cook until soft.
- Add meat cook until no longer brown.
- Now add pasta sauce along with all the spices and herbs, cook until sauce thickens.
- Layering the Lasagna
- Now start layering the lasagna in a casserole dish that is oven safe. First add a little pasta sauce to the bottom, then add lasagna sheets.
- Add meat, then again lasagna sheets.
- Add white sauce and lasagna sheets. Next add meat again.
- Keep repeating until all pasta is used up, the top layer should be of white sauce. Then cover with cheese.
- Now bake for 45 minutes. (see cook notes below, for baking instructions)
- Make enough sauce to cover the entire top layer and no lasagna sheets are peaking out
- If not boiling the sheets, cover the baking dish with foil for the first 30 minutes of baking, then remove and bake further for 15 minutes.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 7g 35%
- Cholesterol 3mg 1%
- Sodium 1134mg 48%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 596mg 18%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Sugars 6g
- Protein 25g 50%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.