This Allergyfriendly CookieDough Brownie Bombs recipe was adapted from The Domestic Rebel to make it free from. I make both allergy friendly and regular versions of these bombs and everybody loves them.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, I will earn commission, if you click through and make a purchase.
Three different components
The Allergy Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Bomb has three components.
- The chocolate chip cookie dough is not baked, so does not have the eggs in it. I substituted it for the gluten free version. Since it did not require eggs, so was perfect for us.
- The cookie dough is then covered with a brownie layer, which is baked, cooled and uses frosting to mold into a shape of the ball.
- The outer coating is just melted chocolate topped with either chocolate chips or you can even use Enjoy Life Mega Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks. (see below)
Different Ways to make Allergyfriendly CookieDough Brownie Bombs
I have made these balls from scratch as well as from store-bought mixes, both work well. You can make it the following three ways:
- Using your own chocolate chip cookie and brownie recipe.
- Using my Gluten Free, Egg Free and Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookie and Brownie recipes.
- Lastly from store bought mixes, I use the following:
- I also use Wholesome Organic Vanilla Frosting to shape the brownies. These homemade frosting recipe can also be used: vanilla or chocolate.
You can make these as big or as small as you want. However, the bigger the size the more difficult it is to finish it off and becomes quite heavy so mini bites are ideal.
Storing the leftover Allergyfriendly CookieDough Brownie Bombs
The brownie bombs can be kept in the refrigerator for up to three days. To keep them longer, just place them in a freezer bag and freeze. They are good for up to a month, just thaw an hour or so before eating.
Have you tried this Allergyfriendly Rainbow Cupcake Cones recipe?
Allergyfriendly CookieDough Brownie BombsCourse: DessertsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
These Allergyfriendly CookieDough Brownie Bombs are Gluten Free, Egg-less, Dairy Free and delicious.
1 pack gluten free chocolate chip cookie mix
1 pack gluten free brownie mix
Dairy Free Frosting
melted dairy free chocolate, as required
mini dairy free chocolate chip or chocolate chunks, for garnish
- Prepare and bake the brownie as per the instructions. Let it cool.
- While the brownies bake, prepare the chocolate chip cookie dough as per the instructions – DO NOT BAKE.
- Take about a teaspoon of the dough and make a small ball. Repeat until all the dough is used up. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Once the brownie is cooled, add the frosting and brownie together in a bowl and mix.
- Making the bombs
- Place a cookie dough ball in the middle and mold the brownie around it into a ball.
- Repeat until all the brownie is used up. Refrigerate for 15 minutes again.
- Now melt some dairy free chocolate in microwave or stovetop.
- Then dip a ball in it and roll it around to cover it with the chocolate. Place it back on the tray. Repeat until all are done.
- Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips or place the chocolate chunk on top of each ball. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
- You can make the recipe from scratch or with a box mix
- Keep the melted chocolate warm for an easy coating
- Adjust the bomb size according to your liking.
- Use the chocolate chip/chunk as the melted chocolate too.
- Do not bake the cookie dough just use it as is.
20 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 8g 40%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 40g
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.